Team of the Year - LGC Awards 2018
Teams are critically important to the effective working of local government, whether the team is a management team, a frontline service team or a central services team. This award is intended to showcase the ingredients that make council teams effective and contribute to local democracy and local service delivery.
Submissions should focus on:
- A brief description of the role of your team;
- How the objectives of your team are set, how you measure the extent to which you have achieved those objectives and what you do with the results of that measurement;
- Who the customers of your team are and how you ensure that you are responsive to their needs;
- Your team’s current objectives and achievements with a particular focus on 2016 -17.
- How the team contributes to the council’s wider objectives;
- How you develop effective team working.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The team’s performance in 2016 -17 and in particular the extent to which it achieved its objectives and contributed to the council’s wider objectives;
- The team’s responsiveness to changing customer needs, evidence on its performance and the council’s strategic objectives;
- Its demonstrable commitment to developing effective team working.