Team of the Year - LGC Awards 2021
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
Teams are critically important to the effective working of local government, whether the team is a management team, a frontline service team or a central services team. This award is intended to showcase the ingredients that make council teams effective and contribute to areas such as local democracy, local service delivery and the pandemic response. Entries may focus on the team’s innovation, resilience, inclusivity and, of course, results.
LGC reserves the right to subdivide this category, depending on the size of the response.
Submissions should focus on:
- Please state clearly the name of your team and the number of members it had at the time of the award submission at the top of your entry;
- A brief description of the role and membership of your team;
- Your team’s current objectives and achievements with a particular focus on the relevant timescale;
- How the objectives of your team are set, how you measure the extent to which you have achieved those objectives and what you do with the results of that measurement;
- Who the customers of your team are and how you ensure that you are responsive to their needs;
- How the team contributes to the council’s wider objectives;
- How you develop effective team working.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The team’s performance within the relevant timescale and in particular evidence showing the extent to which it achieved its objectives and contributed to the council’s wider objectives;
- The team’s responsiveness to changing customer needs, evidence on its performance and the council’s strategic objectives;
- Its demonstrable commitment to developing effective team working and the wider challenge it has faced.