Public/Public Partnerships - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to two or more public sector bodies working together.
As councils seek to provide more seamless, efficient and integrated services they are increasingly working with other public sector bodies across old organisational boundaries. This award is open to partnerships centred around either the joint work of two or more councils or around the joint work of a council/several councils and other public sector organisations. Entries should demonstrate that the partnership has brought about service improvements and/or improved efficiency.
Submissions should focus on:
- Which bodies are involved in the partnership and what services are covered;
- Details of the scale of the partnership, for instance in number of people involved and value of the work it undertakes;
- A summary of governance and financial arrangements;
- The objectives of the partnership and the extent to which they have been achieved;
- Evidence of a comprehensive buy-in from the partners;
- Evidence of the success of the partnership, especially in terms of measurable improvements to services, reduced costs and impact on residents.
Award entries will be judged on:
- Evidence that partnerships have the potential to be long-lasting, with the partnership structured to work whatever challenges participants face;
- The extent to which the partnership is improving services and/or reducing costs;
- The extent to which the partnership has added real value to the outcomes for local communities;
- The innovative nature of both the partnership itself and the work it is undertaking.