Health and Social Care - LGC Awards 2018
No council service is coming under more pressure than adult social care. Integration between health and social care, personalisation and greater collaboration between the public private and voluntary sectors feature in the steps that councils are taking to respond to this pressure. This is the subject of live debate and policy development nationally and locally. This award is intended to recognise and promote best practice in this critically important area.
Submissions should focus on:
- The specific local challenges you are seeking to address, the objectives you have set in response to those challenges and the steps you have taken to achieve them.
- The extent to which your council is playing a system leadership role including its engagement with the Sustainability and Transformattion Planning process, the Health and Wellbeing Board, the Clinical Commissioning Group(s) and health and care providers;
- How your approach relates to the national context in relation to integration of health and social care and the personalisation agenda;
- The milestones you have set – with a particular focus on achievements in 2016-17 – and the extent to which you have achieved them.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The ambition of your approach;
- The impact of your approach, particularly in relation to benefits for citizens and service users and resource implications;
- The extent to which you have adopted a whole systems approach;
- The sustainability of the changes you have introduced.