Health and Social Care - LGC Awards 2021
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
With financial challenges and a growing population of older people, and people with disabilities, adult social care was under severe pressure before the Covid-19 pandemic and it is under even greater now. This award recognises how councils have worked to improve or maintain services amid these pressures.
It seeks to recognise innovative projects likely to facilitate integration between health and social care, boost personalisation, and improve collaboration between the public, private and voluntary sectors to improve delivery. This award is intended to recognise and promote best practice in this critically important area either related to or unrelated to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Submissions should focus on:
- The specific local challenges you are seeking to address, the objectives you have set in response to those challenges and the steps you have taken to achieve them;
- The extent to which your council is playing a system leadership role, potentially including its engagement through an integrated care system, or with the remaining sustainability and transformation partnerships, the Health and Wellbeing Board, the Clinical Commissioning Group(s) and health and care providers;
- How your approach relates to the national context in relation to integration of health and social care and the personalisation agenda;
- The milestones you have set – particularly within the relevant timescale – and the extent to which you have achieved them.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The ambition and creativity of your approach;
- The impact of your approach, particularly in relation to evidenced benefits for citizens/ service users and patients, and resource implications;
- The extent to which you have adopted a whole systems approach;
The sustainability of the changes you have introduced.