Future Places - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
This award is for councils that have worked creatively with technology to make the area they serve more prosperous, ‘liveable’ and resilient in the face of likely social, economic, demographic, political or environmental trends.
The Future Places Award rewards Councils who are using emerging technologies to work with partners and the public to make their areas more sustainable and/or healthier, less congested, more connected and prosperous.
Submissions should focus on:
- A clear view of the challenges faced in their local area.
- How the council and its partners are engaging with technology providers to find potential solutions or pursue opportunities.
- Clear evidence of impact or potential impact.
- A clear roadmap and evidence that shows how the particular challenges of the local area will be met
Award entries will be judged upon:
- The levels of creativity and ambition shown in the solution or solutions.
- The health of the partnership that the Council has with technology providers.
- How the technology solutions are working or will work and hoe they could be replicated in other places
- Evidence that the work in question could create jobs or demonstrate the capability of UK businesses in the global markets