Efficiency - LGC Awards 2018
Councils face continued pressure to reduce costs and increase their efficiency. Many have now reached the point at which further efficiency can be achieved only by innovative approaches and new relations with citizens and partner organisations. The focus is on how to secure “better for less”. This award is intended to highlight how the most imaginative councils are facing this challenge.
Submissions should focus on:
- Outlining your savings and efficiency targets for 2015-16 and 2016-17 and beyond, the extent to which you achieved those targets and the evidence you use to both set targets and measure performance against them;
- How you have used the pressure to cuts costs to prompt organisational change and secure improved outcomes;
- The main drivers of and barriers to securing efficiencies;
- How you have engaged local citizens, service users and partner organisations in this work.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The scale of the council’s ambition and the extent to which it has succeeded in achieving it;
- Whether securing savings and efficiencies has driven service improvements;
- The process the council adopted, including stakeholder engagement;
- The quality and use of the evidence base available to the council.