Digital Impact - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
This award will go to the council that can best show how its farsighted use of digital technology is significantly improving outcomes for its residents and/or place. It is not merely for a council that can show it has systematically transformed its approach to technology but it is for a council that can demonstrate how its digital acumen is transforming its local area, for instance with regards to the effectiveness of key services and how they support residents. Among the attributes you may seek to showcase in your entry are the benefits of data sharing; how your organisation is ensuring it supports people before they fall into crisis; and how ground-breaking collaboration between local partners has had a significant impact on your local population.
Submissions should focus on:
- A description of your digital vision
- An account of how you have embedded the use of technology across the authority
- An assessment of how this technology and vision have improved outcomes, for instance in several priority services or across your place as a whole
- A detailed explanation of how collaborators were involved in the transformation process
- A description of how your digital agenda was realised across the authority
Award entries will be judged upon:
- First and foremost, evidence that your digital vision is helping to facilitate improved outcomes, for instance for service users, staff and your place as a whole
- Evidence senior managers have a clear vision for the digital future of council which is well-articulated and understood across the organisation.
- The level of innovation and ambition in using technology to reform ways of working across a range of services.
- Evidence of how barriers to digitally driven reforms were identified and overcome.
- Examples where your technology agenda can be linked to improvements for service users, staff and better collaboration between stakeholders.