Digital Council of the Year - LGC Awards 2018
Digital Council of the Year Public service reform has driven the demand for technology to help commissioners and providers work together in an increasingly collaborative environment. Such technology can help make sense of the huge volumes of data held by diverse services. It can help pinpoint people who need support before they fall into crisis. Data sharing can also ensure a seamless transition from one service provider to another. This award will go to the council that can show how it has transformed systematically its approach to technology to improve outcomes for residents and facilitate better collaboration between partner organisations.
Submissions should focus on:
- A description of your digital vision.
- An account of how you have embedded the use of technology across the authority to improve outcomes in several priority services.
- A detailed explanation of how collaborators were involved in the transformation process.
- A description of how your digital agenda was realised across the authority.
Award entries will be judged upon:
- Evidence senior managers have a clear vision for the digital future of council which is well-articulated and understood across the organization.
- The level of innovation and ambition in using technology to reform ways of working across a range of services.
- Evidence of how barriers to digitally driven reforms were identified and overcome.
- Examples where your technology agenda can be linked to improvements for service users, staff and better collaboration between stakeholders.