Campaign of the Year - LGC Awards 2021
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
The communications function is more integral to what councils do than ever. There is increasing need to influence behaviour in relation to, for example, recycling, transport, looking out for older neighbours, or reinforcing public health messaging – including with regards to Covid. And there is the importance of building trust in the difficult decisions councils have to take in these challenging times.
Campaigns can make a significant contribution to achieving these objectives, and this award is designed to showcase councils’ expertise in this area.
Submissions should focus on:
- The objectives the campaign was intended to achieve;
- A summary of the campaign strategy, including target audiences, media, image, timing and budget etc;
- The extent to which the campaign achieved the objectives including, for example securing behavioural changes;
- The evidence base used to inform the need for and contents of the campaign and measure its impact;
- The extent to which partner organisations were involved in the campaign
Award entries will be judged on:
- The quality of the campaign, including design, format, delivery and evaluation;
- The impact of the campaign and the extent to which it achieved the council’s objectives;
- How the campaign contributed to the council’s wider objectives and strategy.