Campaign of the Year - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
The communications function is more integral to what councils do than ever. Influencing behaviour – in relation to, for example, recycling, transport or looking out for older neighbours – is increasingly important, as is the need to build trust in the difficult decisions councils have to take in these challenging times. Campaigns can make a significant contribution to achieving these objectives, and this award is designed to showcase councils’ expertise in this area.
Submissions should focus on:
- The objectives the campaign was intended to achieve;
- A summary of the campaign strategy, including target audiences, media, image, timing and budget etc;
- The extent to which the campaign achieved the objectives including, for example securing behavioural changes;
- The evidence base used to inform the need for and contents of the campaign and measure its impact;
- The extent to which partner organisations were involved in the campaign
Award entries will be judged on:
- The quality of the campaign, including design, format, delivery and evaluation;
- The impact of the campaign and the extent to which it achieved the council’s objectives;
- How the campaign contributed to the council’s wider objectives and strategy.