Business Transformation - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
This category is open to councils who have successfully fundamentally transformed the way they work, either across their entire organisation, across a number of organisations or across a directorate. Such business changes are often made in response to reduced resources, service pressures and the need to better coordinate the work of local partners across traditional organisational boundaries.
Submissions should focus on:
- Why there was a need for change and how the new system resolves or alleviates previous difficulties;
- How the transformation programme has been implemented, focusing on milestones over the course of the past year the approach to leading and managing the transformation process, including stakeholder engagement. (1 April 2017 – 31 March 2018)
Award entries will be judged on:
- The level of ambition shown of the business transformation;
- The extent to which the transformation achieved its goals and the quality of the evidence substantiating those achievements;
- The quality of system leadership and stakeholder engagement deployed to achieve the transformation.