Best Service Delivery Model - LGC Awards 2019
This award is open to a single council or where appropriate a partnership of councils, or a council-owned company. Private sector partners can enter on a council’s behalf, with the permission of the council itself.
In response to service and resource pressures councils are exploring new forms of service delivery. These include staff-led mutuals, community-owned companies, co-operatives, charitable trusts and community interest companies. This award is intended to showcase a council’s involvement in this area and disseminate good practice.
Submissions should focus on:
- A brief description of the model concerned and the services/activities it is intended to provide;
- The council’s reasons for pursuing this approach and the objectives it seeking to achieve;
- The process the council adopted in deciding what approach to take and in setting up the new arrangements;
- The achievements to date, with a particular focus on the past year.
Award entries will be judged on:
- The scale and scope of the council’s ambitions and the extent to which they have been achieved;
- The inclusiveness of the approach the council adopted and how that approach contributed to achieving the overall objectives;
- The degree of innovation involved.